AXL4314S Materials Development
24 NQF credits at HEQSF level 8
Convener: Dr A Archer
Course entry requirements: Acceptance for an Honours or Master’s programme.
The materials development course explores a number of areas.
- The relationship between materials development, reading cultures and specific audiences.
- Analysis of textbooks from a range of disciplines.
- Layout, design and materials production processes.
- Social semiotic tools for the analysis and production of multimodal texts.
- The links between visual design and multilingualism.
DP requirements: Submission of all written work and at least 75% attendance at seminars.
Assessment: Two short essays of 3,000 words, counting 30% each, and a production of multimodal materials (40%).